Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Fall

Tonight my wife, son and I went to Jim's for a birthday dinner. It was a simple get together with all the cousins, Jim's parents and grandparents. We had a hearty meal of chili and cornbread. Perfect food for this time of the year. I am very much into "Fall foods". I have already made a crockpot full of chili and one evening we had keilbasa and cabbage. Whenever Fall comes around I immediately think of my childhood and home. Every Fall I tell my wife that this is my favorite time of the year. And every year she tells me to quit telling her that. There's just something about the cool crisp evenings, football season, MLB playoffs and the leaves changing colors. Living in Georgia, I do miss the spectacular color changes. The North Georgia mountains have some nice colors but, nothing beats the hardwoods of northcentral Pennsylvania. Last year we took the boy to Burts Pumpkin Patch in Dahlonega and we'll probably go back again this year. Yeah, it's so touristy that they actually ship in pumpkins to keep up with the demand - but it's still fun and the boy enjoys it. I'm having trouble tonight keeping my thoughts together. I have been trying to tame a cold that I've had for over a week. So, between the two Amstel Lights and the cough medicine with codiene (sp), I'm kind of hazy. I think this is a good place to stop and hit the hay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home