Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Saturday, May 05, 2007

I didn't do it! I swear!



You all have probably heard by now that there have been some uncontrollable wildfires in South Georgia. The fires started near a town called Waycross. We happened to drive through that area a few weeks before the fires started. We were on our way home from a week in St. Augustine and decided to take the scenic route, because we had never been through that area before. Ever since the fires started they have been threatening the Okefenokee Swamp and Wildlife Refuge. We visited the Okefenokee Swamp Park and that is where this picture comes from. I have never before had any interest in visiting a place like this but, I was pleasantly surprised. It was very educational and I learned that this park has been around for years. All of the signs along the highway indicated that we would be seeing alligators and we were not disappointed. As we drove in to the park the wife said "Oh! Look at the fake alligators on the bank over there". I asked how she knew they were "fake"? She answered me rather sarcastically " Can't you tell? It's obvious." I let it go and said no more not knowing what to think. As we exited the car we saw a group of people standing near one of the "fake" alligators. My wife, with the boy in tow, saunters up to them and asks the boy (loud enough for everyone to hear) "Do you want to go stand on that alligator so I can take your picture?" A woman standing there asked my wife "Are you serious?" To which the wife replied "Well yes, after all, it is fake." The woman looked at the wife rather incredulously and said "I don't think fake alligators move around and breath". At that moment the "fake" alligator opened his mouth with all of his big shiny teeth and slithered into the water, while my wife's jaw fell to the ground. She swooped up the boy and ran back over to me at the car. I asked her what she had expected? Damn city slickers anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home