Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Money Issues

My quality of life has sucked shit lately. There is really no one to blame but me. It's up to me to be positive and value each day as if it would be your last , but I seldom remember to do that.
I know you're sick of hearing it but, I'm still sick. The boy is too. Seriously though, I pray it will be gone by the weekend. I do feel a lot better.
My son has been acting like a hellion since we picked him up from his grandparents on Sunday. He stayed with them for 3 1/2 days. Of course he receives minimal discipline and gets anything he wants... that's what grandparents are for - so they tell me. He has begun hitting us when he doesn't get his way. He argues over EVERYTHING and is being a royal pain in the ass. I took him to the park yesterday and all he wanted to do was eat pretzels. I finally got him on the swings and then he wouldn't get off. He started falling asleep in the swing and everytime I tried to get him off he started screaming - NO NO NO! Obviously he was tired. We came home and I tried to feed him - no he didn't want to eat. I then put him into bed - now he was wide awake. Yesterday was one of those days where he needed attention at all times. It wore me out. On top of all this he scares the shit out of me by telling me that he "ate money". He was really irritable when I tried to put him down for his nap. He kept balling up his fists and lying in a fetal posistion. I asked him if his tummy hurt and he just looked at me. I said "does your tummy have a booboo?" He said "yes, I ate money". The problem with this is that I've found coins in his mouth before and he happened to be playing with coins earlier. I took them away but, really didn't think anything more of it. Of course I freaked out and called the doctor. All the doctors were at lunch. I talked to a nurse and she basically said that if it was anything but a quarter that it would more than likely pass and to just keep an eye on him. So, all day yesterday I was going to look after him as soon as he was crying, trying to ascertain if he had in fact swallowed coins. When he told me that he "ate money", it was so matter of fact that I had no other choice than to believe him. As the day wore on it became more evident that he was just irritable for the sake of being irritable and I gained more confidence that he probably hadn't swallowed coins.
By the time the wife got home last night I needed a serious break. I went out in the garage and consumed a few beers and just mellowed. The wife was very good to me and let me be. She took the boy on a walk and I had about an hour and a half of peace and quiet.
The boy slept well through the night and he had his morning constitution. So far there is no obstructions and he seems to be doing all right. I did have to check his doody though, for coins. None found. Yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home