Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Roswell's Ramblings

The wife returned from her busy week abroad on Friday. She said it was very productive from a business standpoint and she was happy with the experience she gained from the travel. Now she will be off again in a few weeks. She received her schedule from her coordinator in regards to the Dominican Republic. It was basically what she had anticipated - a week away and then two weeks at home. This will go on most of the summer.

The boy and I fared well with her absence - well at least I did. The boy missed her very much. He kept asking about his Mommy and when was she getting home from Gerbany. You should have seen him when we picked her up from the airport. He went wild for a couple of minutes and then wanted to know where his present was. He decided over the weekend that Daddy wasn't his friend anymore - just Mommy. He was very clingy - so much so that she would have to slip into the bedroom and close the door. She just needed a break! hahhaha.

Saturday was fairly low key. The wife slept on and off and the boy and I puttered around. He has really gotten into "mowing" the lawn with me. So that's what we did. Later in the evening we went to a family gathering and then the in-laws came over to our house and spent the night. They stayed for a while on Sunday as it was Mother's Day and I cooked them a big breakfast.

We came home to a warm house Saturday evening. The wife and I had noticed that the A/C was not working too well during the day. I went downstairs into the laundry room and looked at the blower and it had ice on it. I then went outside and the condenser also had an ice build up. So, at 11:30 at night, I got the hairdryer out and started thawing the ice. If the in-laws hadn't been there we would have suffered though the night as it wasn't really that hot - 78-80 degrees. Anyway, I think it's just low on freon and that's one thing I know nothing about. You've got to be licensed to deal with that anyway so we've got to call somebody in. I hate that but, now I know the view from a homeowners standpoint. I get so worked up about somebody ripping us off. And now, to top all of it off the wife wants to replace the heating and air system. The furnace is original to the house and I'm sure it is inefficient. We replaced the A/C condenser a few years back because the old one broke down over the fourth of July holiday. I just don't want to shell out $4000 right now. Yeesh! The joys of homeownership! I think I've got her convinced to limp along with this behemoth until the end of the summer. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger D. EVANS said...

I know I've been lazy but I finally posted a new entry... And don't think I haven't been checking up on you. I always swing by to see what's up. So post man, post.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home