Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Civic Doody

I voted this evening. It couldn't be any easier for my lazy butt. Our precinct is located around the corner in our neighborhood elementary school. I was listening to Sean Hannity on the way home from work. He was blabbering on and on about voting machines not working and voters being denied and turned away unjustly. A few thoughts came to mind. Number one was, why can't a reliable voting machine be built? We can send a man to the moon forty some odd years ago and we can't build a simple voting machine. It's not like the machine has to clean the house or even figure out the square root of 3006775. All it has to do is display the candidates and tally the votes... it can't be that hard - can it? The second thought has to do with the candidates that felt the need to bombard our house with phone calls. All last week, in the evening, it was never ending. I would come home after work and find 4 messages from some guy telling me that old Sonny Perdue was a crook and that I needed to vote for Guy Smiley. It was funny that today I took the boy to school and when I came back home there were 3 messages in the span of twenty minutes telling me to get out and vote today. When will the politicians realize that the "mud slinging" and endless phone calls/mailers do nothing more than piss me off. Talk about the issues you damn educated idiots!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the reason I refused to vote today. I'm fed up with the endless phone calls, commercials, etc. of grown men and women insisting on bad mouthing one another just to get ahead. Why not accentuate your own issues, goals, strenths and not spend all your campaign dollars on playing dirty.

10:16 PM  
Blogger D. EVANS said...

Amen Brother! Halelulia! Looks like you are developing a following. : )

10:43 PM  
Blogger JKaminski said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 PM  
Blogger JKaminski said...

Hey you old fart... (chanting)Dave, Dave, Dave, we want updates, we want updates!

11:01 PM  
Blogger D. EVANS said...

Working on it my man. Just posted an experiment. (The key word is "experiment")

12:10 AM  
Blogger D. EVANS said...

Hey, I like your profile photo. "The boy" contemplating his navel.

9:08 AM  
Blogger JKaminski said...

He's more than likely picking his nose mucous. mmmm

9:34 PM  
Blogger cjk said...

sweet mo fo! I barely know you, yet I do more than someone who does not much. Ah yes politicians. I am proposing starting a farm. With used cooking oil and the sound of frogs slowly stirred to a boil, magically out would pop a politician. IIII received a personal message from John Kerry asking me to use more ketchup.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home