Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

More of the same.


This was taken mid morning on Sunday. We accomplished what we set out to do, which was finishing the front and working on the left hand side. That's me with the blue hat, the wife's cousin to the right of me and the other wife's cousin down below cutting the siding.



I took this photo this morning. We are still debating on what to do around the door. One thing that we're going to do is lower the light. It was too high before. Hardiplank makes a product that is in the shape of cedar shakes that we are considering. My contractor friend came by on Friday and I picked his brain for ideas. He suggested stacked stone, with an inlay of sorts - possibly round or half moon shape. We just don't know what to do with it. We also need to work on paint colors. The Hardiplank comes with a primer already installed and the wife actually likes that color. The Homeowners Association has an approved colors book for us to look at so we need to make a decision on that. The photo also shows a pile of aluminum siding laying in the grass. Last Monday I took my first load of the siding to the recyclers. They are paying 50 cents a pound and I had 180 pounds. We will have approximately 3 more truck loads to get rid of so it's working out well... the scrap money is covering our costs for all the food that we're providing our worker bee's. Speaking of which, we had a feast yesterday evening - surf and turf. The wife's Aunt and Uncle returned from their trip at the beach with fresh shrimp and grouper. It was delicious! We had all sorts of seafood delights. The menu consisted of clam chowder, three kinds of dip - clam, shrimp and fish, shrimp, steak, grouper with bruschetta, corn on the cob and salad. There was so much food we didn't even get to the dessert of apple pie and ice cream. It was the perfect ending to an exhausting weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger D. EVANS said...

The stone idea sounds very nice. I think that's the way I'd go too. The new computer is great. I haven't had time though to work on a new piece for the blog. Bunch of other things have been going down. Nothing exciting just life junk.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home