Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Friday, November 03, 2006

No title

I woke up early this morning thinking about the days work that lies before me. The wife took the day off so we could have three solid days of working on our siding project. Luckily, no rain is in the forecast. I'm trying to fomulate a game plan into completing the most amount of work in the least amount of time. Today, I'll be working alone for the most part. The wife's cousin may come over this afternoon depending on how his day goes. On Saturday and Sunday the whole gang will be back to help. The wife's Aunt and Uncle are returning from their stay at their beach condo in St. Augustine with a carload of fresh shrimp for dinner on Sunday - that will be a treat to look forward to.

Thanksgiving is only three weeks away. With this current project and the holidays approaching, it's going to be an extremely busy end to the year 2006. My holidays, now in the present time, are so different from the days of my youth. For starters, I'm not a kid anymore. Then there's the fact that I don't live in northern Pennsylvania with my parents. My wife's relatives are all about family. Coming from Cuba, it's their culture. Not to say that my family was not but, it was just different. I'm so wishy washy - for so much of my life I wanted things to stay the same but, at the same time I embraced the change. The funny thing now that we have a child is that we have our own ideas, our own traditions, our own way of doing things. Is it normal for a man to just assimilate into his spouses family? I mean sure, I miss my family. I do have great memories of the times we had, especially at the holidays. I don't know, it's so different now. My wifes family - is my family too.

For some reason this morning my I'm having a hard time trying to formulate my thoughts - this is not uncommon for me. I'm like my Grandfather in that respect. His mind always raced at 150 mph while his tongue was in a school zone. So, if you can't follow what I've written above, don't worry, you're not alone.

To put it straight out there - I'm looking forward to the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home