Where am I?

I am a Yankee carpetbagger from northern Pennsylvania living in Georgia... specifically the Atlanta metro.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

It took some effort but, the boy went trick or treating last night. He didn't want to wear his costume, a giraffe that Grandma had purchased for him. At school yesterday they had a Halloween party and a parade in the parish center for all the kids. Evidently, per the teacher, it took some doing to get his costume on. He just didn't like it. I don't think it was so much it being a giraffe... it had to do with the giraffe's head being in the hood and the long sleeves. The boy has had a problem lately with pants and long sleeve shirts. He has gone the whole summer with shorts and t-shirts and now it seems he doesn't like the restrictive feeling of fall/winter clothing. The costume was basically a furry set of pajamas with a tail and a head/hood. We begged and pleaded with him to put it on and he wanted nothing to do with it. Finally, when the kids started coming to the door he got excited and wanted to go out. We just got his costume on when another group of kids came to the door. Before we knew it he was out the door following the kids to go to the next house. The wife ran after him and met up with some neighbors and walked around with them and their kids. She came back about twenty minutes later and then I took him for a little while. He was insistent on carrying his own pumpkin filled with candy and walking on his own to each house. He kept telling the other kids how he had a pumpkin with candy and "Happy Halloween Kids". We went to five or six houses and then returned home. He was excited about all the candy but, exhausted from the day of fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger D. EVANS said...

O brother (cousin) why have you not told me you were writing one of these things. I would have liked to have known. (tap tap tap tap... McFly)

2:31 PM  
Blogger D. EVANS said...

I also commented on your Don't polute story.

By the way thanks for the feedback on my blog.
You are one of my biggest fans.

2:34 PM  
Blogger JKaminski said...

Well, you know... I wanted to see how it went before exposing myself.
Thanks for the comments.

As evidenced by my site meter, I am my biggest fan, but you are definitely right behind me. Ha!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home